Saturday, March 2, 2013

Project #9 - Personal Learning Network

image of a PLN example
I have created a PLN at Symbaloo. I believe I have made numerous contacts that will be valuable to me as a future math teacher.
First, I love the tiles the website already has established for many math subjects. For example, I can click on Geometry and look at lesson plans, videos provided by other teachers, and numerous other resources. I have started my own webmix and created tiles for TeacherTube, WolframAlpha, Dan Meyer, mathforum.org, and the CoolCatTeacher, Vicki Davis, just to name a few.
I have followed several people on Twitter that have amazing ideas and provide additional contacts and resources. Some of those contacts are tech4mathed.com, Dan Meyer, Curriki, Kristen Goggin, edutopia, and Silvia Tolisano @langwitches.com.
I was given an amazing opportunity to experience first hand how these contacts are used to connect educators and classrooms through technology. I was contacted through Twitter by Silvia Tolisano to see if I would like to read my personal version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears to a Kindergarten class at her school in Florida. I quickly responded and grabbed the chance to participate in a teaching opportunity using technology. Geographically, I was a rather close contact, but Silvia told me she had lined up educators from Australia and New Zealand who were also going to read the story. I couldn't help but think how fortunate that school is to have Silvia Tolisano connecting them with the rest of the world and that I was able to be a small part of that connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment