Saturday, March 2, 2013

C4K Summary for February

C4K #1
logo for Baldwin County High School FootballThe first student blog I was assigned belongs to Keith, keithenglish2.blogspot.com. He is in the 10th grade at Baldwin County High School. He enjoys sports but soccer is his favorite. He loves to be outdoors either hunting or fishing. He was born in Mobile but now lives in Bay Minette. I introduced myself and told him that I was posting on his blog as part of an assignment for EDM310. I also stated that I look forward to following his blog and seeing all of the things he will be learning in his English class. I wished him the best of luck with soccer.

C4K #2
The next student I was assigned was Taswaila, a 4th grader in Ms. Muhammad's class at Robbins Elementary School in Prichard, Alabama. Ms. Muhammad has established a blog for her class and Taswaila posted a summary of an A.R. book she is reading called The Sly Spy. Taswaila said the book is about a girl who helps poor people. The following is a link to the blog if you are interested in reading her post I Have a Great A.R. Book. In my post, I introduced myself and explained the assignment. I told Taswaila that I enjoyed reading her blog and was glad to see that she is reading A.R. books. I also said that The Sly Spy sounds like a great book and that I would have to read it with my 3rd grader. I thanked her for telling us about this book and encouraged her to never stop reading because it's a great way for your mind to have an adventure!


C4K #3
My third student is James, a Year 5 Student at Pt England School. He introduces himself by saying, "Kia Ora and my name is James I hope you enjoy my blog, I am James." Kia Ora is a Maori language greeting which means "be well/healthy". James is in Room14: Dream Catchers. It is a class of Year 5 students at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. In this class, they learn that they can reach their goals and dreams if they are committed. His teacher is Miss Ouano. He also tells that his favorite thing to do is play video games.
I introduced myself to James and told him I'm a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I told him to look at the red dot on his world map and that I was the dot at the bottom of the United States near the Gulf of Mexico. I shared with him that I have a son around his age and he likes to play video games also. His favorite games are NCAA football and NCAA basketball. I also told him that I like to play Mario Party and Mario Kart on the Wii with my son. I asked him what types of video games did he like to play and what system did he you use to play games? I wished him good luck with Year 5 and encouraged him to stay competitive not only with his gaming but also with his school work.

C4K #4
Meesha is a student in Ms. Vannoy's class at Davis Elementary school. In her blog, I Love My Family, Meesha posted that she loves her mom. She says her mom is sweet and her dad is sweet and that she loves them very much.
Once again, I introduced myself and described my assignment. Then, I complemented her on her blog design and told her that she used one of my favorite colors. I told her she also wrote about one of my favorite subjects, family. I shared about my family and told her that the one thing I want my children to always know is that I love them no matter what and I was sure her parents felt the same way. I said it sounds like she has a wonderful family and I thanked her for sharing that with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment